[BC] Speech (& music) synthesizers (was: TV tower kills birds)

Kevin Tekel amstereoexp
Sat Oct 8 05:01:51 CDT 2005

Willie wrote:
> A phonetic speech synth is a fun "toy". :)

Combine one with a MIDI sequencer, and then you can have 100% synthesized
programming, with a DJ lineup including "Dr. Sbaitso" and "Perfect Paul".

And speaking of synthesizers, I just got a shot of nostalgia by hearing
the intro to the 1982 song "Midnight Blue" by Louise Tucker... it sounds
_exactly_ like a Commodore 64 playing synthesized music -- it's all
square, triangle, and sawtooth waves, with some percussion added.
An amazing song of its time, which of course gets absolutely zero radio
airplay these days.  However, I bet someone, somewhere made a very good
.SID version of it. :-)