[BC] Silence sense? -

Dan Kelley djkelley
Fri Oct 7 21:02:55 CDT 2005

>I am not aware of ANY program directors anywhere in this market that are
>responsible for anything other than their own station.  Now that some PDs &
>DJs have to punch  time clocks, I know of one who practices electric guitar
>in his office for a couple of hours per day instead of going home after
>pulling a board shift.  None of these people are in any danger of dying
>from a stress-related illness.

Doesn't sound like a "PD" problem - sounds like a ownership/GM problem to
me....or these people wouldn't be working there...it usually starts from the
top down....

>I tried to call the PD and every DJ for that station
>in the hopes that someone could come in and voice track or spin CDs until
>night satellite service was restored.  I couldn't get hold of one person.
>I did a legal ID and turned the plates off on the transmitter.

again, sounds like an ownership/GM problem to me!

>On the bright side, if I wanted to change a PA tube at 2 PM on a Saturday
>afternoon, I could just shut the station off and the PD would probably
>never know.  I could just notify traffic on Monday morning to reschedule
>the make goods.

Hmmm...sounds like the GM would get very pissed if he was competent....

dan in lansing