[BC] Silence sense? -

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Fri Oct 7 17:33:48 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/7/05 3:39:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
kzerocx at rapidcity.net writes:

On the bright side, if I wanted to change a PA tube at 2 PM on a Saturday
afternoon, I could just shut the station off and the PD would probably never
know.  I could just notify traffic on Monday morning to reschedule the make
goods.  The only reason I change tubes after midnight, is that I give a
darn.

Gary Peterson, K?CX
Rapid City/Sturgis, SD
Gary:

I agree with all you have said.  As a former engineer, I doubt at my age I
could keep up the pace you guys have today.

I know of several stations where the PD was given a raise to take on an extra
station but when two more were added he got no more money. Same with the
engineer he was doing and AM and FM and they added another FM studios &
transmitter at another location,  no money then another and he got some more money but
no help. He claims he would rather had an assistant.  Also they got into a
bidding war over this stations and paid too much for it with its old transmitter
plant which is constant trouble.  Everything he brings up a problem he hears
the same story they paid too much for the station and cannot afford to replace
the old transmitter.  He spends quite a bit of time at the transmitter.

Dave