[BC] Atlanta's "Shepherd's" Tower

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Fri Oct 7 10:28:44 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/6/05 1:32:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
afunk516 at FOXTV.COM writes:

Where is  the Shepherd tower area?  I thought WNNX had moved from  the
Turner
tower over to the Peachtree Plaza Hotel with WZGC and  WUPA-TV.

I am sorry,  I knew the new tower was owned by Richland,  But the  area has
been know as the Sheppard tower for so long.   Tower was  originally put up by
company out of Ohio that owned several UHF TV stations in  the early days.  I
think they put in the first 110 kW  TV transmitter  in ATlanta.  The TV
company defaulted on lease payments and Sheppard  Construction company took it over
by default as I recall.

WNNX moved from Channel 17's big self-supporter to the Richland  tower,  they
also leased one of WQXI's old transmitters atop Peachtree  Plaza as a WNNX
alternate site.  They also have their move-in station on  Peachtree Plaza.  I
see so many sites and with my weak brain I sometime get  stations mixed up.

Dave