[BC] emergency info

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Oct 6 11:36:21 CDT 2005

------ At 10:02 AM 10/6/2005, Scott Cason wrote: -------

>I don't depend on any other source to disseminate emergency
>information....I have
>seen inside too many of their operations for that.

Have you no idea how much danger you're in without EAS? I have a
mobile transceiver in my car that tunes NWS but I always feel safer
when I'm connected with EAS. When I listen to XM or SIRIUS I always
make sure I use the Ham radio or constantly check with one of the
local automated stations in the market. I used to be skeptical about
EAS but the latest weather and fire emergencies have converted me
from feeling like spitting up to being an activist supporter. With
IBUZ we'll be able to turn radios on even when we're mile away from
the receiver. My NWS scare the hell out of my cat. I suggest a
soothing chime for EAS.

Rich