[BC] emergency info

Scott Cason scott
Thu Oct 6 09:02:42 CDT 2005

>>Almost two dozen legislators have written to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin
>to ask that satellite radio be required to deliver emergency
>information to its subscribers.

They already do.  XM channel 247 is an emergency channel.  Now, if the
legislators get their way with radio, does this also mean that satellite TV
channels must also deliver emergency information?  When does it become
incumbent on the consumer (viewer/listener) to make sure they keep up with
events going on around them?  For example, I have three NWS radios.  One in
the living room, one in the bedroom and a portable one in my vehicle.  I
don't depend on anyone but the National Weather Service for emergency
weather information.  Which is in their specific job description.  I don't
depend on any other source to disseminate emergency information....I have
seen inside too many of their operations for that.

Scott Cason
LaGrange Communications, LLC
502-213-0024
www.lagrange-com.com