[BC] What's a "Svartifoss"? was Sign of the times?

PeterH5322@aol.com PeterH5322
Thu Oct 6 00:14:15 CDT 2005

>That's veeery interesting!  But, I still wonder what it has to do wit hthe
>FCC database.

The FCC's database server could have been named "michaelpowellsucks", but
they elected to call it "svartifoss", instead.

The name itself means nothing externally.

"Alpha", "beta" and "gamma" are somewhat common.

At a site where I own three servers, one is named "uranus", another is
named "myanus", and the third is named "ouranus".

The very first was named after the planet of the same name.

When the second and third were added, the name of the first was modified
to be somewhat in the spirit of the movie "Yours, Mine and Ours", with
associated prefixes of "ur-", "my-", and "our-".

This, of course, left the impression that "-anus" is the common naming
feature.

Now that nine similar servers are on the site, I will likely be changing
these to adhere strictly to the names of the planets: "mercury", ...,
"uranus", ..., and "pluto".