[BC] Satellite EAS

Robert Meuser Robertm
Wed Oct 5 23:25:36 CDT 2005

This could be a case of being careful what you wish for. Sat radio already has
an emergency channel. Now add GPS to mate to FIPS codes and you have highly
LOCALIZED EAS; tornadoes down to a county' etc.  Another killer app against
radio.   Is anyone sure they want such a thing mandated?  Maybe you want OEM car
radios that interrupt SAT radio when local radio activates EAS.