NOT....Re: [BC] Clear Channel Wants More?

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Wed Oct 5 20:03:18 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/5/2005 3:33:01 PM Central Standard Time,
paul at amtower.com writes:

I'm  reminded of Canadian broadcasters who for at least two or three
decades  have moaned loudly about how much money they lose, especially on
their AM  properties.  Yet somehow I have yet to hear of even a single AM
station handing their license back to the government.

_
They  are handing them in by the dozens.... They're trading them for FM's.

In  fact some provinces have only a few AM's left.

Paul  Smith

Correct  they are turning their AM's off.  Evidently  they  are not
relinquishing there allocations by the treaties.   I guess  they may figure IBOC could
come around for AM in the future  in Canada.

Dave