NOT....Re: [BC] Clear Channel Wants More?

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Oct 5 16:07:27 CDT 2005

------ At 04:26 PM 10/5/2005, Mike Gideon wrote: -------

>Gee Rich. Pretty poisonous stuff. After that, I'm gonna have to find
>out why you got so many bugs up your ass over CC.

Poisonous to you, perhaps. Legitimate questions to many of the rest
of us. Questions that haven't been answered. Actually, until this
grab for more I had quite a bit of respect for CC. Especially your
Talk stations. Most of them were affiliates of mine at ABC and WOR.
Your people don't have to cancel any of their programming. I'm not at
either, anymore.

When I see much smaller groups doing well I can't buy the claim that
you need even more to survive. It's an insult to our intelligence.

If you folks really want to level the playing field, let's let it all
bust loose. Satellite radio follows terrestrial rules and programs
locally and terrestrial pays the spectrum fees or auction values that
the competition does. Really level, not hold the others back so we
can grow larger. We also need to relax all rules against predatory behavior.

Rich