[BC] Clear Channel Wants More?

Barry Mishkind barry
Wed Oct 5 15:27:49 CDT 2005

At 09:47 PM 10/4/2005, Mike Gideon wrote
>Either you didn't read the transcript of Mark's speech, or you
>aren't smart enough to understand it.

         Well, that is not uncommon.  I see a
         lot of comments from folks that never
         check the original data. And, to be
         accurate, some posters do get it wrong.

         I am in England this week.  (Currently
         sitting by a marina, using WiFi to catch
         up a little. The flood of posts is going to
         kill my battery before I finish, I fear.)

         One thing we need to be careful about ...
         there are those that simply hate CC,
         no matter what it does.  You need to
         remember there are 1200 stations full
         of employees that are not media moguls,
         but are doing the best they can under
         the Rules the FCC lays down.  And from
         my point of view, yes, the result is
         mixed, but not much moreso than many
         other companies.  In fact, if you can't
         say you have heard worse than CC, you
         haven't listened to much radio. (Aside from
         those automated CC stations that go silent
         carrier for long stretches, since no one at
         the station is monitoring  - but again, I don't
         know that I can say they are alone in this.
         Anyone for a new Rule to demand someone
         monitor all stations and forbid dead carriers?)