[BC] "Portable" freq. agile AM TX

Scott Bailey wmroam
Wed Oct 5 10:51:52 CDT 2005

I'd say so.. It's humm something like 8 RU and 4 RU two boxes..(IIRC) I
know I installed one by myself in about 2 hours (including un boxing and
prepping for initial use)

WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/04/2005 01:41:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> chrisw at clearchannel.com writes:
>
>>I also agree with Mike on the BE. Small and reliable.
>
> But is it small enough for one person to load it into the back seat of a car
> and haul it to the station-in-need?
>
> Willie...

Fellas,

     The Armstrong X-1000B AM transmitter is smaller than the BE,  and I think you can change the frequency in no time flat.   This is good for AM.   Nautel's new J-1000 I think is smaller.
      It's nice that we can now lift a 1 KW AM TX with almost no help.  I can't because I had a accident back in May where I now have a ruptured disc in my back.  I'll learn next time to get me one of those "Pole Saws" when trimming tree limbs away from my AC line coming from the pole to my house!

Scott Bailey
General Manager/Engineer
Classic Broadcasting of Sumner County, Inc.
WMRO-AM, Magic 1560
Gallatin, TN
615.451.2131
615.202.0331 (Cell #)