[BC] 1520 Toledo Pics

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Oct 5 10:28:31 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/05/2005 10:42:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
paul at amtower.com writes:

> Notice all the vines growing up those 6 towers
>  south of Toledo.  It would be a great field day site for hams...  There are
>  lots of other great pics of Toledo and Southern Michigan stations there
too.

>  http://www.nrcdxas.org/articles/FlytimeAug2001/

Beautiful photography! What a shame, though, to see the neglect and the mass
of green invading those towers. You're right, it's amazing they're still
standing! Personally, I'd be worried about Hams getting too close... someone might
actually try to *climb* one of those towers to hang an antenna! (shudder!)
With all that vegetation, you really couldn't use the tower, itself, and removing
that stuff could bring the thing crashing down on you. That would ruin your
day. ;)

Willie...