[BC] Another BAD website.......

RSTYPE@aol.com RSTYPE
Wed Oct 5 00:07:58 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/5/2005 12:45:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
scott at fybush.com writes:
On THAT you are correct.

However, the day operation on 1520 in Toledo was - at least at one time - a
six-tower inline. Those towers still stand, rusting away immediately
adjacent to the exit ramp that connects the Ohio Turnpike to I-75.

That site is always a highlight (perhaps THE highlight) of the otherwise
interminable drive from Rochester to Fort Wayne. I'll be sorry to see those
sticks come down, whenever it happens.

Scott:

Those six towers were the old nighttime array, which is still owned by a
previous lciensee.  It's probably a good thing that this site went dark before
they built the Turnpike/I-75 interchange, as it was extremely difficult to keep
this pattern in adjustment, even before they built all of the tall metal light
poles for this interchange adjacent to the antenna system.  (My mentor in the
business was chief of this station (then WTTO) in the mid 70's, when they were
still using this antenna system for nighttime operation.)

Roy Stype
Carl E. Smith Consulting Engineers