[BC] XM Radio Interference

KennethLocke Kenlocke
Mon Oct 3 19:14:42 CDT 2005

The car stereo I just bought  has a  Din plug and Stereo input  RCA cables to hookuo XM or Cirrus and the radio controlled the satalite receiver... Nice!! Alphanumeric display for displaying channel format/song title-artist...

CULE!!

Ken Locke
Spectrum Communications, inc

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Sid Schweiger"<sid at wrko.com>
    Sent: 10/03/05 9:23:55 AM
    To: "broadcast at radiolists.net"<broadcast at radiolists.net>
    Subject: Re: [BC] XM Radio Interference

    >>I thought that the XM (or Sirius) units defaulted to 87.9?<<

    It depends on the radio.  IIRC, the XM Roady2 can be programmed for
    88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 107.5, 107.7 or 107.9.  Other ways to avoid using the
    FM modulator are the cassette adapter or a combination antenna
    switch/modulator, which senses audio from the XM unit, switches out the
    car antenna and switches in the modulator output on one of those six
    frequencies.

    Sid Schweiger
    IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
    WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI