[BC] Crazy Stuff

cld@admin.umass.edu cld
Mon Oct 3 10:54:30 CDT 2005

As we all know, part time board ops can come in a variety of personalities.
At a 5kW AM station I used to work for, they hired this early 20-something guy
to run the canned music in the afternoon (pre-DOS/post Schaeffer automation
days). Upon his arival, I noticed he was sporting a nice KROK jacket. After a
few days I asked him if he ever worked at KROQ. He went on to explain that,
no... he actually he owned KROQ, as well as a few other major market stations
and had just come to the east coast for the variety. From his delivery and
subsequent conversation, I think he was convinced this was true. He didn't last
long in the position (perhaps board with the lack of executive privileges). I
once met a junkie who believed he was Christ (shades of a particular MASH
episode), so it takes all kinds....

Chuck Dube
Amherst