[BC] XM Radio Interference

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Mon Oct 3 10:10:03 CDT 2005

My Roady 2 also does 88.7, 88.9, 89.1, 106.9, 107.1 and 107.3

I use 107.5 in RI which works fine. I was using 88.1 on a recent trip to NYC
(WBLS is on 107.5 there) which worked well until I hit the Bronx, where there
is an incredibly overmodulated pirate on 87.9. He totally wiped out the XM for
several miles on I-95.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "Sid Schweiger" <sid at wrko.com>
To: <broadcast at radiolists.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] XM Radio Interference

>>I thought that the XM (or Sirius) units defaulted to 87.9?<<

It depends on the radio.  IIRC, the XM Roady2 can be programmed for
88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 107.5, 107.7 or 107.9.  Other ways to avoid using the
FM modulator are the cassette adapter or a combination antenna
switch/modulator, which senses audio from the XM unit, switches out the
car antenna and switches in the modulator output on one of those six
frequencies.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI