[BC] XM Radio Interference

Rich Wood richwood
Mon Oct 3 09:23:04 CDT 2005

------ At 11:48 PM 10/2/2005, Radiofldude at aol.com wrote: -------

>Within 1 mile of the WMIE 91.5 tower here in Cocoa(1 mile from me at  WTIR)..
>he can't hear XM cuse WMIE bleeds in so bad that XM is  unlistenable.

The best solution to that is a modulator that connects between the
car radio's antenna and the radio. It effectively disconnects the
antenna and feeds the radio directly when it's operating. You won't
be able to receive anything but XM at whatever frequency the
modulator is set to. In major markets it's almost impossible to find
a quiet spot. I use such a modulator for my Ham radio and MP3 player.
The radio's headend accepts an XM tuner, an adapter I use for SIRIUS
and a CD changer.

Rich