[BC] Cyrmu: Barry in Wales

Scott Fybush scott
Sun Oct 2 16:20:20 CDT 2005

I treasure my airchecks from my 2002 visit to Wales. If you've never heard
the Welsh language in action on the radio (and ever since the BBC World
Service discontinued their Welsh-to-Patagonia service, it's pretty much
impossible in North America), you're missing one of the more unusual
experiences out there. It sounds like something akin to listening to
someone clear their throat for several minutes at a time - albeit with
jingles and traffic reports and so on, all interspersed amidst the broadcast.

At the risk of going off-topic, I hope Barry's itinerary includes a visit
to Portmeirion, the resort where "The Prisoner" was filmed in the sixties.
I think it was the most memorable vacation I've ever taken, anywhere!