[BC] Engineering school - half

RON DOT'O SR. ron_doto
Sun Oct 2 12:18:08 CDT 2005

I couldn't agree more with Ron Youvan!  I was an electronics, NBC and survival instructor in the military and it was my job to teach EVERYBODY in my classes.  If a troop didn't get it then I worked with him until he did.  That's what a REAL teacher does!

Ron Dot'o
Salem, OR.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Youvan<mailto:ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com>
  Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 14:14
  Subject: Re: [BC] Engineering school - half

  >>> I clearly remember my first day of EE class at the same institution that
  >>> Mario attended.  The EE prof's first words were "at the end of this
  >>> semester, fifty percent of you will no longer be in this
  >>> department."  He
  >>> was right.  The bottom 50% received Fs.

  >>   Humm, That must have been a poor teacher to fail at his job so badly.

  > Dunno about that...don't recall that the bottom 50% got weeded out the
  > 1st semester, but I'd say that roughly half the class did not return for
  > the 2nd year of classes.  I thought I came away with a pretty good
  > education.

     It seems to me, he FAILED TO TEACH half of the people that signed up
  to learn from him/her.  No?
     I think the school would be BETTER if they had a teacher/s that could
  teach ALL of the students that signed up (and paid) to learn.  No?

     If I FAILED to fix half of everything that breaks at work,
  I wouldn't have lasted a month.
  --
      Ron