[BC] Engineering school - half

Ron Youvan ka4inm
Sat Oct 1 10:52:21 CDT 2005

>>> I clearly remember my first day of EE class at the same institution that
>>> Mario attended.  The EE prof's first words were "at the end of this
>>> semester, fifty percent of you will no longer be in this
>>> department."  He
>>> was right.  The bottom 50% received Fs.

>>   Humm, That must have been a poor teacher to fail at his job so badly.

> Dunno about that...don't recall that the bottom 50% got weeded out the
> 1st semester, but I'd say that roughly half the class did not return for
> the 2nd year of classes.  I thought I came away with a pretty good
> education.

   It seems to me, he FAILED TO TEACH half of the people that signed up
to learn from him/her.  No?
   I think the school would be BETTER if they had a teacher/s that could
teach ALL of the students that signed up (and paid) to learn.  No?

   If I FAILED to fix half of everything that breaks at work,
I wouldn't have lasted a month.
--
    Ron