[BC] call letters and what they stand for

jaybraswell@bellsouth.net jaybraswell
Sat Oct 1 18:43:17 CDT 2005

> My first job in commercial radio was at WORM-AM-FM in Savannah, TN. At the
> time, Savannah was noted for its "worm ranches" for the sport fishing
> industry (Pickwick Lake and Kentucky Lake on the Tennessee River were
> close by).

>From the "it's a small world" files, when I was working at WADI in Corinth,
Ms in the mid-70's, I drove up to Savannah. After visiting with manager Neal
Bunn a few minutes, it turned out that he attended public school in my
hometown (Statesboro, Ga). As I recall, he was an orphan...perhaps later
adopted, and his foster/adoptive parents lived in Statesboro.