[BC] WKRP Trivia

Margaret Bryant maggiesdogs
Sat Oct 1 07:50:57 CDT 2005

If I recall correctly, the map originally said 50,000 watts. Someone made
the observation that the station was supposed to be struggling, as that was
part of the humor, and any station that was 50,000 watts wouldn't be
struggling (at least back then). So they changed it to 5000 watts. I don't
ever remember it being 500 watts.

I sent my station's bumper sticker in (WAAL-FM). I also sent a long letter
about how not having the engineer in more episodes was a missed opportunity
for funny stories. I used to tape the show and play it back slowly and look
for my bumper sticker! Never saw it.

Margaret Bryant