[BC] Reflecting on a stack of QST and CQ magazines...

Burt I. Weiner biwa
Tue May 31 00:36:31 CDT 2005

I use to have a huge stack of CQ and QST magazines dating back form the
late 40's.  The stack fell over and almost killed me which resulted in my
donating them to a collector many years ago.  Thinking back on the
situation I'd probably still have them if I'd made several stacks rather
than just one.

Burt

At 01:00 AM 5/31/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Mike McCarthy <Towers at mre.com>
>Subject: Re: [BC] CQ AND OST BOOKS
>
>There are those who can always use those books/magazines.  I always see
>guys wearing little signs saying they are looking for certain issues of
>QST, CQ/73, or the ARRL Handbook.
>
>MM
>
>At 12:02 AM 5/30/2005 -0400, you wrote:
> >HEY ALL HAMS AND ENGINEERS, LISTEN UP.
> >I HAVE SOME REAL HISTORY IN MY POSSESTION THAT SOME OF YOU MIGHT WANT.
> >CQ AND OST BOOKS FROM LATE 30'S TO LATE 60'S OR EARLY 70'S.
> >YA'LL LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE THINKS THERE IS ANY VALUE IN THESE.
> >THE SETS ARE NOT COMPLETE BY ALL MEANS, BUT THERE ARE 7 TO 10 FULL BOXES OF
> >THESE WONDERFULL ELECTRONIC HISTORY BOOKS.
> >THEY ARE IN GREAT SHAPE ( NOT ALL TORE UP).
> >E-MAIL ME DIRECT IF INTERESTED.
> >
> >BILL

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services