[BC] MCI Remains

Blake Bowers bbowers
Sun May 29 21:18:17 CDT 2005

In the past two or three years, MCI has gotten religion about
the battery situation.  They will NOT turn over a site with
batteries, ALTHOUGH a couple have slipped through.

I have one junction, a major one, that had almost everything
left except office furniture and test equipment shipping boxes.

Most of the 4 Ghz, and 6 Ghz stuff was left, as were
gensets, propane, test equipment, etc at the smaller sites.

I sure wish I could find a market for the microwave gear.

(How much do you want?  Brings back good memories, you
can have a truck load or two!)

I also got an HP 8592, still trying to figure it out.  Lots more
test gear, that I have no clue about.

Same thing for AT&T junction, got everything but the office
furniture.  I wonder why they put so much value in metal desks....

As my buddy Blake Bowers (you owe me coffee and a donut and I owe you a
little history of what you now own) mentioned, MCI also left a lot of sites
and junction facilities in a 'what you see is what you got' condition.
Plenty of lead acid batteries, to start leaking, left to whomever.  But all
of the MW racks were sold to various people (China got some, surplus dealers
got some).  Other parts were scrapped.  I got a fantastic HP Spectrum
analyzer out of it HP 8592 and a really fine Marconi Freq Counter.