[BC] Joe Pyne - Bob Grant

BOB MATZNER bobmatz
Sun May 29 19:19:51 CDT 2005

I agree...I never felt the he was into bigotry...always felt that he
genuinely wish to facilitate spirited, intelligent discussion.  If you
called his show...you were fair game and he was always in control...as it
should be.   But many times there was an undercurrent of, "...why Limbaugh,
why not me?"   Also remember the tag line of NJ being "wall to wall Bob
Grant country"...I just can't remember the name of the  diner on 46 or 17
where he hung out...Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Rich Wood
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 11:10 PM
To: Broadcast Radio Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] Joe Pyne - Bob Grant

------ At 07:00 PM 5/27/2005, BOB MATZNER wrote: -------

>he never got the syndication deal he was looking for?  And I do remember
the
>Ron Brown remark

Yes, he did. We put him on the WOR Radio Network five days a week. He's
deeply involved in New Jersey politics. Stations complained he was "too New
York" and they couldn't have cared less about New Jersey. He was on for
about 2 years and we had a terrible time affiliating him. Bob is actually a
nice guy. His act just didn't play well outside the New York metro. Bob was
always accused of being a bigot, yet nearly all his producers were Black.
It was schtick. After years of criticizing him I realized the bigot label
was wrong.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia