[BC] Joe Pyne - Bob Grant

Rich Wood richwood
Fri May 27 22:11:01 CDT 2005

------ At 07:00 PM 5/27/2005, BOB MATZNER wrote: -------

>he never got the syndication deal he was looking for?  And I do remember the
>Ron Brown remark

Yes, he did. We put him on the WOR Radio Network five days a week. He's
deeply involved in New Jersey politics. Stations complained he was "too New
York" and they couldn't have cared less about New Jersey. He was on for
about 2 years and we had a terrible time affiliating him. Bob is actually a
nice guy. His act just didn't play well outside the New York metro. Bob was
always accused of being a bigot, yet nearly all his producers were Black.
It was schtick. After years of criticizing him I realized the bigot label
was wrong.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia