[BC] 279 khz (was Argh! Wrong math)

Andy Green Listservers andyglist
Fri May 27 09:16:33 CDT 2005

Hi Clive -
Are you sure that there is much to see there? this project has taken about
ten years to get this far!
I heard they bought the M.V Communicator which was used for laser 558, but
didn't know it was moored off the Isle of man yet
They were planning on using a CFA antenna, not sure if they still are, if so
this might mess up your calculations a bit! (although being at sea, the
antenna could probably have a radiation resistance of a couple of ohms, and
it would work reasonably well)
If it does get on air, it will be very interesting to compare the signal as
received here in the  Waterford, in the south east of Ireland to that of 252
from North of Dublin, a similar distance to me once the IOM 279 signal
'makes landfall'
Post a link to any photos you get!

Andy Green
Andy Green