[BC] Argh! Wrong math

clive@citiria.com clive
Fri May 27 08:33:13 CDT 2005

>The figures show that at a distance of 280 miles, 80 of which are sea path,
>4 mV/m should be achieved with a transmitter power of just 10 KW. Being 279
>KHz it's all ground wave. . .

Sorry guys, I should have got out my CCIR curves before that.
I just did the prediction again using the CCIR curve for 200KHz (the nearest
curve that fits) and the transmitter will need to be 100 KW for 0.5mV/m in London.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing it. This will be be 30th anniversary
of the last time I was on an offshore radio station.

I will be going equipped with video and a stills camera, of course!

- Clive