[BC] LW predictions

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit
Thu May 26 23:12:04 CDT 2005

I just did the math for the upcoming Long Wave station off the Isle of Man.
Being conservative with the antenna efficiency, I still get very favourable
results.
The figures show that at a distance of 280 miles, 80 of which are sea path,
4 mV/m should be achieved with a transmitter power of just 10 KW. Being 279
KHz it's all ground wave. . .

Anyway, I plan to visit the station on my forthcoming trip to the UK.
I did issue an invitation to the 'radio enthusiasts' in the UK, to see if
any would have the huevos to come out with me in Ramsey Bay, but there has
been a deafening silence!
I will go all by myself if necessary.
Clive

That sounds like good fun. I certainly hope you take pics, and perhaps even
post some on your website.

Dave