[BC] Is broadcast engineering a profession?

Kent Winrich reader
Wed May 25 23:45:34 CDT 2005

khcs at juno.com wrote:

>DANA observed:
>>We don't look professional, we don't act professionally and we do work
>>that's BENEATH us!
>>
>>---------
>
>Yup, I had to learn that the hard way.  If you always show up for work in
>a T-shirt and blue jeans, you will gat the Rodney Dangerfield Syndrome --
>NO RESPECT!  No need to wear a suit and tie.  A pair of khakis and white
>or tan polo shirt from a discount store don't cost any more than the
>T-shirt and jeans, and at least you look decent.  If you're dressed for
>digging ditches, don't be surprised if someone asks you to dig a ditch.
>
>Glen Kippel

You are so right.  When I started at my present situation, I came in khakis
and a nice dress shirt.  People were shocked.  It is amazing how much more
respect you get when you dress professionally!  Don't get me wrong, I do
have my days when I show up in old jeans and a t shirt, but I am usually up
to my armpits in a transmitter or heading out to the hinterlands for one of
our remote transmitters.