[BC] Favored UPS units

Cowboy curt
Thu May 26 18:08:04 CDT 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 13:48, jyrussell at academicplanet.com wrote:
> Sounds like the Belkin's off the list, for me, anyway.
> The APC's we have way outlasted their warranty, and they have a "trade up
> / trade in" program.  That's what I thought was good...
> they did what they were advertised to do.

 Unfortunately, APC does that un leiu of tech support of any kind.

 Personally, I do have APC, fed by a string of boat batteries.
 Get about 6 hours run time with two full time servers on it, and
 it powers back up unattended at a user configurable state of
 charge on the batteries.
 I figgure 10% means that power is back, probably to stay.

 Of course, in a radio station you can't do the boat batteries.