[BC] in *backyards*

Rich Wood richwood
Tue May 24 21:15:01 CDT 2005

------ At 09:30 AM 5/24/2005, Blake Bowers wrote: -------

>Primarily propane tanks, although some of us have diesel
>fuel tanks also.  Think that is scary, think of Germany, where many
>houses were built with BIG fuel tanks in their basement......

Or, you could live in New Jersey with some major gas pipelines running
through residential areas. A few years ago one exploded and took a large
apartment complex with it. How about New York City? Anyone who lives there
has experienced flying manhole covers when a steam line or transformer
blows. One neighborhood was evacuated for several days after a Con Edison
steam pipe spewed asbestos all over the buildings. Con Ed supplies steam to
many buildings for heating and cooling.

When you come right down to it, we're not safe anywhere.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084