[BC] DHS requirements for transmitter site protection?

Blake Bowers bbowers
Tue May 24 15:23:04 CDT 2005

>> While nothing in general, I do have a site that post 9/11 has
>> 24/7 security by the US Army, guards at the gate, and roving
>> squads.  Humvees, Joisey Baracades, lots of electronics, etc.
>
> I've not seen anything yet in response to this, so I gotta ask...
> what kind of broadcast facility has this kind of activity on it?

There are a number of broadcasters there, as well as the
usual LMR and Cell companies, and a CATV headend.

>> Kind of strange to have to let someone know when I want
>> to go to my land, my tower.
>
> Your land, your tower, and ... your Army? We just gotta hear
> the rest of the story here.

Nope, our army.

The site is next door to a highly classified US Army
communications annex, and the access road is shared by all.

I believe the site also has a permanent flight
restriction over it also.

I sort of suspect that the military acutally likes
us going on the mountain, it gives their troops
something to do.  Full vehicle search much of
the time!