[BC] BPL flaws

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Tue May 24 08:30:19 CDT 2005

well, that's what I thought.  i figured the low voltage part is the drops to
the customers.  if bpl is on them, then it's right there radiating at the
location of the (in the case of hams) station equipment, not far away.  so
why that's supposed to be better is beyond me.  oh, I just reread your
post--I guess "low voltage" means the segment just before the stepdown to
240 v.

Surprisingly, the ARRL is praising or seems to be praising the Motorola
system.  Maybe I've missed something.

Rob Atkinson

From: "CBoone" <CBoone at earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [BC] BPL flaws
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:01:23 -0500

"Alleged" but it would cost to much to run BPL to Ma and Pa Kettle....and if
they did, their VHF TV would be shot to hell!BPL is nothing but farce and a
crock.......BTW the low voltage parts of the grid (less than 20KV single
phase or 34.5 3 phase) is exactly where the problem lies...and they have the
worse noise issues anyway (69kv and above hardly have an arc noise
problem....such would burn away eventually...corona hum is the only issue
there!)

Chris
(Former Sr Telecom Egr Tech, GSU/Entergy, TX...been there, got the tshirt)

http://www.radiolists.net/