[BC] lightning & grounding / SBE Certs

Lamar Owen lowen
Mon May 23 19:16:34 CDT 2005

On Sunday 22 May 2005 22:53, Phil Alexander wrote:
> On 21 May 2005 at 12:01, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > I know what the CSRE is, but what is the AMD for?

> It's the new SBE AM Directional certification.

Cool.

> as I suspect several others did. IMHO the test leaned too heavily on the
> rules and not enough on the practical side of DA operation, but both were
> covered reasonably, and for a first run, it was a good experience. - Had
> to be, I passed. <ggg>

As long as such a test involves how to go through a phasor 'tweak' (aka
Rocking the Phasor), how to read and verify the antenna monitor, and how to
check MP's (and file for a new one) it should be pretty good.

I have nearly thirteen years with an AM directional; they are a different
breed, and am glad to see the SBE has an endorsement for this different
breed.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology