[BC] Look Professional and Be Professional

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Mon May 23 18:31:54 CDT 2005

For me (now remember I'm a contract guy) my normal attire is jeans and a T-shirt. When the occasion
arises I'm dressed properly, including the suit if necessary.  I get dirty on a moments notice. When
the station is off the air I don't take the time to put on coveralls or whatever, I'm busy getting
the station back on. (usually already back on while the other guy is still putting on the
coveralls). I have the respect of my clients, they are always happy to see me no matter how I look.
Had you seen me Saturday morning you probably would have offered me a ride to the nearest soup
kitchen. Had I taken the time to get all cleaned up, come Saturday morning when the new studio was
to go live it wouldn't have happened. In the corporate world yes it is very important to play the
part as well as live it. On the flip side I don't care how well you dress him a bad tech is still a
bad tech. Today, I'm doing a non broadcast job surveying critical sites for Satellite phones, I'm in
and around the public, and interfacing with my clients clients.. I'm dressed in dress slacks and a
collard shirt, since it's proper for the Job.
Now as for my truck, (2001 Tahoe) the front seats a very clean and well kept. The back seat had a
many items neatly placed. The back compartment is a disaster area. (it goes from clean to disaster
and back again on a regular basis depending on how busy I am)