[BC] Event coordination

Bernie Courtney jerseyspikes
Mon May 23 15:38:28 CDT 2005

I don't feel like looking through their licenses, but I'd be more then
willing to bet that most of the freqs. that NFL Films is licensed for
(coach-QB links, 2way, etc) are probably licensed for nationwide use
and are not a moving target; unlike the RF systems that local media
and networks show up with to games on a weekly basis.

The NFL simply took the initiative to put together a program to get
representatives from these broadcasters talking to one another and the
GDC and in the end all benefit.  For their services the GDC's receive
a 'stipend' and credentials for the games and a seat in the press box.
 I'd be willing to bet that most of the guys doing this would feel
that the equivalent of a season ticket + sideline access would be more
then enough compensation for what they are doing.  Obviously that is
the case, since this program has been in place and working the last 4
seasons.

Myself, I could give a dam about football, so I personally wouldn't
sign up to be a part of the program.  But that's not going to set me
off on a crusade to say that they should pay 5x the money for me to go
do the same job as somebody who wants to be there on site to begin
with and is willing to work for the perks they are provided with.

bern