[BC] WHP

Barry Mishkind barry
Mon May 23 13:48:25 CDT 2005

At 09:58 AM 5/23/2005, SHAFFER, RANDY L wrote
>The original owner was Mack Battery Service. So, one would think that it
>was either the luck of the draw in getting WHP or they were requested for
>Harrisburg, PA. My history file has gone AWOL but I'll double check my
>memory with someone who has a copy of the history sheets within the next
>day or so.

  WHP

Original licensee:   WHBG   John S. Skane

  2/20/25  Began as WMBS, licensed to Mack's Battery Company.
           The original studio location was the Venice Bldg.,
           4th & Chestnut St., Harrisburg, PA.  The original
           transmitter location was 210 Locust St.

  4/22/27  Issued temporary permit for 820kc, 500 watts.

   6/1/27  Granted 1280kc, 250 watts, unlimited time.
           There were letters of extension.

  11/1/27  Transmitter moved to Ft. Washington Rd., Lemoyne, PA.

10/19/28  Granted 1430kc, 500 watts, shared with WCAH.

  12/6/28  Granted 1430kc, 500 watts, shared with WBAK and WCAH.

  3/22/29  Vol. assignment of lic. to Pennsylvania Broadcasting Co.

  12/2/30  Vol. assignment of license and C.P. to WHP, Inc.
           Call letters changed to WHP.