[BC] Hilmer Swanson

Hershberger, Dave DHershberger
Mon May 23 13:26:38 CDT 2005

I just received this sad news about Hilmer Swanson. Just a few weeks ago at
NAB I saw Hilmer in the engineering sessions and spoke to him briefly. I
received this message from one of my ex-bosses at Harris, Bob Weirather.

For those who don't know Hilmer Swanson, he is responsible for many AM
developments, including PDM (MW-5, MW-50, etc.), and DX technology - DX-50,
etc. Hilmer has been retired for several years now.

Forwarded message follows...

Sent: Fri 5/20/2005 11:21 AM

To all:

Many may have heard that Hilmer Swanson has been in the hospital.
Hilmer has been diagnosed with brain cancer.
He is being moved today from Quincy to Barnes Hospital in St. Louis.

Let's pray that the good Drs of Barnes can lead him to a full and speedy
recovery.

Bob Weirather

Dave Hershberger
Principal Engineer
AXCERA
Tel: 530-272-HDTV (4388)
Fax: 530-272-4505
dhershberger at axcera.com <mailto:dhershberger at axcera.com>
AXCERA. Axcessing the new era of digital communications. www.axcera.com
960 McCourtney Road, Suite C, Grass Valley, CA 95949-7423