[BC] Las Vegas CPs

Bill Croghan loteng
Mon May 23 12:26:43 CDT 2005

>Bill,
>
>How are those new Las Vegas AM CPs coming along?

Well, we have four currently on the table.  Our (Lotus) 100 is moving as
fast as we can consistent with doing it right.
670 KHz	no idea.  It's silent in that part of the band.
790 KHz	No idea,  It's silent in that part of the band.  Licensed
	 to Winchester, which is really NE Las Vegas, out toward Nellis AFB.
970 KHz	I listen to every morning for Paul Harvey.  They've
	 completed their move and have applied for license.  Licensed
	 to Paradise which is a large part of Las Vegas area.
1100 KHz	Now you know what I'll be doing for the next 6 months!
		  Oh yeh, and putting in HD for two FM's.

	Wish I had time to go search at the coordinates given for the
antennas, but time is limited. One of these days I'll punch the Coordinates
into my GPS and go look.
	 What many people don't realize is that "Las Vegas" is a small area
of 250,000 or so folks in the area of the Downtown, Fremont street
experience.  The rest of the 1.5 Million of us live in little parts of
unincorporated Clark County, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Boulder City and so
on.  Most of the strip and the Airport are in Paradise.  The convention
center is in Paradise.  My studios, 7 miles west of the strip are in Spring
Valley,  I live 7 miles East of the strip near Sam's Town off the Boulder
highway and that's Paradise.  All of these places have "Las Vegas" Post
office addresses.
	Thanks for the interest.
Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW