[BC] Re: Design Engineer TE-1 & VP50 <SoM1Gl4A0>

Cowboy curt
Sat May 21 14:06:56 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 15:03, Thomas G. Osenkowsky wrote:

> A well known classic text on directional antennas contains calculation
> errors for vertical form factors and operating impedances. Many AM DA
> designs are inefficient and difficult to maintain. In the early days of jet
> aircraft many were lost due to poor design and improper construction
> techniques.
>
> We may feel that more could have been done to produce greater accuracy,
> better designs and increased reliability. Hindsight is 20/20. We all can sit
> back in our comfortable chairs and criticize, say "should have" or "could
> have" and the like.

 Engineers:
 We work with materials we don't fully understand,
 forming them into shapes we can not accurately analyze,
 to control forces we can not accurately predict,
 All the while, keeping management ( and the general public )
 blissfully ignorant of these facts.
 ;-)