Engineering Pest Dispatch (was:Re: [BC] Engineering feats of note)

Ron Castro ronc
Sat May 21 13:02:22 CDT 2005

Remind me never to take a job in NC :-) !  Here in northern CA, paper wasps
and yellow jackets are fairly common, but I rarely see hornets, wood-borers
and only a few big bumble bees, none of which ever seem to be very
aggressive. We have some rattle snakes, black widows, brown spiders,
tarantulas and scorpions, but I have only seen one black widow, and two dead
scorpions.  Pretty lucky, I guess!  Deer-tics and Lyme disease are more of a
concern around here.

I think now is the time of year to get the wasp and yellow jacket queens
with traps, before they get their first brood going.  I've set out a number
of traps, but haven't caught anything yet, although I've seen a few flying
around and killed two or three in my back yard.  Maybe it's still a little
too early in the year out here.

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC