[BC] Engineers and licensing

CBoone CBoone
Sat May 21 10:28:07 CDT 2005

How about "You want the station to stay on the air and make money?" and "you
want the FCC NOT to fine us?"
Tried that with a snot nosed GM from CA....he didn't care....all he wanted
was his $20million so he can retire...he even refused a PO request for $400
for new monitors for the Accounting people....but yet HE had a $2000 a month
Jag the company leased for him....what a joke!!
==============================
Engineers get shafted no matter what...except those who can play the
game.....evidently that's the only way to be able to do your job
nowadays...its not what you know technically. It how you play it
politically...I have seen engineering managers who didn't know squat about
technical matters...or sure didn't show it...but are great
politicians....And then there is the technical person who doesn't give a
damn about politics...all they want to do is what they do best....and they
usually get crapped on...(and yes, there are some who know both....but they
are very rare..usually the ones who play the game so long eventually only
know that side and don't keep up with onhands technical)