[BC] Poor choices

Kent kwinrich
Sat May 21 10:07:21 CDT 2005

Barry Mishkind wrote:

> At 02:53 PM 5/20/2005, DANA PUOPOLO wrote
>
>> I've also worked for managers who have called home and woke me up at
>> 9:15 AM
>> screaming that I'm not at work, when they knew in writing I had been
>> working
>> until 6 AM and just fell asleep an hour ago!
>

>         ... and here is the set of poor choices:
>
>         1. Accept the screaming. The paycheck
>         continues ... for the moment. But, at the
>         least, the relationship is "broken." And
>         the managers somehow "smell" that and
>         make alternate arrangements before you
>         are ready for it.....

Or not accept the screaming, and professionally explain what had
happened.  Perhaps I am naive and have been with managers that will
accept this.  But if you set your limits up front, MOST people will not
cross that line.

I have had people yell at me.  I let them vent, and then calmly
explained to them that I dont accept that.  I am a professional just
like you, and there is no need to treat me that way.  I havent had a
problem since.