[BC] Re: LED beacons

Al Wolfe awolfe
Fri May 20 20:08:17 CDT 2005

Mike,
    Thanks for the info in regards to the LED systems. Not sure how we are
going to go yet.

    It's not WDWS's tower although the word is out that they plan to replace
their old self-supporter. It must be sixty years old by now but I thought it
was still in pretty good shape. They don't make them like that any more.
It's a true thing of beauty IMHO. Was doing a board shift there in 1974.
Then the union engineers decided they wanted more money. Management said
fine but we'll have to have one less engineer. Being the new guy I was out
the door.

    WLRW's tower was built in 1970 and the experts say it's rusted badly
from the inside of the legs. It's 380' now and the new tower is to be a
Pyrod at 423'. Saga also plans to go IBOC with WLRW as soon as the new stick
is up.

Al