[BC] Value of service

Mike McCarthy Towers
Wed May 18 12:37:55 CDT 2005

Mario you seem to have a hard-on for the NFL/SBE working arrangement
because you are a professional coordinator which was not considered for the
work. They are keeping that work in-house.

NFL does PAY for the services of Game Day Coordinators.  Quote frankly,
your rhetoric on what the NFL pays (or doesn't as you expressly state) is
rather ill-informed. Compensation matters are between the local GDC's and
the NFL to resolve between them. SBE act's as an administrator for
disbursing the funds. When SLC gets a NFL team, that will be the time you
take that up with the NFL if you are interested.  FWIW, there are a NUMBER
of non-SBE member GDC's.

What is not well known is any money left over from the GDC fund at SBE goes
into the Enne's Foundation's general fund.  So there are some GDC's who
don't take their stipend and that goes right to Ennes.  Now tell me
Mario...where is the harm there?

What you also don't know is the NFL provides the GDC's laptop computers
free for them to use elsewhere as well as a number of other little
perq's.  For the football fan (of which I am one), press box seats and
sideline access are (thank's to Mastercard...) priceless.  That laptop in
many cases will also be used for the new SBC coordination software.  So
there is a win/win there too.

I won't argue the point about one's valuing their services
appropriately.  But there are times where it is hard to pin down hard $$$
to something which we enjoy without a lot of "work" involved.  Being a GDC
is one of those.  And there are 64 others who happen to agree.....

MM