[BC] Value of service

Mario Hieb reader
Wed May 18 10:54:39 CDT 2005

Yes, there is often a fine line between what affects the engineer and what
affects the engineers' client /employer. But does the ABA show up at NFL
games and provide free legal services to all the parties involved? Do they
provide free legal services to other lobbying groups?

Providing pro bono professional services is okay, if they're for true
charitable organizations, but I don't think that the NFL, NAB and the TV
networks qualify.

The first step in getting employers and clients to place a greater value on
the services of the engineer is for the engineer to place a greater value
on his/her services.

Mario