[BC] XM v Sirius

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Tue May 17 12:31:34 CDT 2005

Perhaps, but it may be a while.
Remember Sirius & XM are subsidizing their receivers, and paying the
freight on R&D. The receiver manufactures are out of pocket for IBOC.
one thing that may help IBOC is that the technology used for satellite
is very similar to what will be needed for IBOC. So you might even say
that Sirius & XM are helping the terrestrial market by doing a bunch of
the R&D for them.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885