[BC] The Worst Transmitter of All Time

Kevin C. Kidd kkidd
Mon May 16 11:32:50 CDT 2005

Omnitronix...  The only tx I know that will blow itself up if the weather
_forecast_ includes "a slight chance of thunder boomers".

I have a 3kw Sintronix in stby use that is pretty reliable.  It was
extensively rebuilt by a previous engineer and makes decent power when
called upon.  The exciter was another story.  If you slammed the door of
the tx building, the microphonics would bounce the frequency around so far
that the tx would OL.  The exciter has since been replaced with an older
CCA that is giving good service.

What's a Lil' Rascal?

--

Kevin Kidd, CSRE